Traditional Foods and Customs
- Countries of the Middle East – a link to a list of 11 countries. Each section describes the staple foods, meal patterns, cooking techniques, and food-related customs and traditions.
- Dietary law: Rules And Customs In World Religions
Health and Disease
- The Middle Eastern Health Inequality Paradox and the Gender Obesity Gap (2018)
- ALNohair, S. (2014) Obesity in Gulf Countries. International Journal of Health Science, 8(1), 79–83.
Social, Political, and/or Historical Context
- US Halal Food Regulations: Are you up to Speed?
- Why is Our Thanksgiving bird called a Turkey?
- Why do we eat Turkey at Thanksgiving? – The Endless Knot, youtube, October 2016
- Cultural and Religion Information Sheets for the following religions: Baha’i, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Jewish, Sikhism (*Great resource for cultural competence)
- Patterns of Food Consumption in Early Modern Iran
- The Hummus Wars Revisited: Israeli-Arab Food Politics and Gastromediation (login required)